Sunday 25 October 2009

All my life, I’ve dreamt of being single and unemployed...

How many times have I dreamt of this situation when I lived in Paris...

Being in a relationship for years, I would more than envy my single friends who could do absolutely whatever they liked without having to give any account to anybody, read in a row Cosmo-Vogue-Glamour-Elle on the couch without facing the Loved One's reproachful look, get back home at 3am after a party, bumbling on your heels that, this being said, have bravely gotten your arse back home, with no need to pass the home-made alcohol-test – i.e. the sniffing around and analysing your breath to get an estimate of how many drinks you had – to name but a few...

Regarding the job situation, I remember drooling about my friend B’s timetable. She was unemployed back then and it seemed to me she had earned total freedom and the capability to spend time and energy on what she truly enjoyed. Well, of course, there was the money issue and therefore serious limitations on her ability to shop... Also, in real life, her daily routine was more about the 20th re-run of The Little House on the Prairie, followed by the German adaptation of Ugly Betty in order to avoid Derrick, than expressions of unbridled creativity. But all in all, it looked like heaven to me.

And there I am!!! Lucky me, I’ve managed to combine both situations at the same time!

A real single woman, no husband, no boyfriend – and I’m even thinking of adopting a cat, that says how seriously I’m taking this!

And no job for almost 2 months. I’ve become a real resignation expert... I quit two jobs in less than a year and a half, yayyyyyyyyyy – now, can you beat that?


Toute ma vie j'ai rêvé d'être célibataire et chômeuse...

Combien de fois ai-je rêvé de cette situation quand je vivais a Paris ...

En couple depuis des lustres, je regardais d'un œil plus qu'envieux les cops célibataires qui pouvaient faire absolument tout ce qu'elles voulaient sans rendre de compte à personne, enchainer Cosmo-Vogue-Glamour-Elle sur leur canapé sans risquer le regard réprobateur de l'Etre Aimé, rentrer à pas d'heure d'une soirée en titubant sur ses talons qui cela dit, nous ont courageusement (miraculeusement ?) ramenée à la maison sans avoir à passer l'alcooltest maison - i.e. reniflage de l'haleine indubitablement chargée - et j'en passe.

Quant au boulot, je me rappelle avoir bave des journées entières sur l'emploi du temps de ma copine B., chômeuse donc, et qui pour moi avait donc gagne une totale liberté d'action et la possibilité de consacrer du temps a ce qui lui plaisait vraiment. Bon bien sur, il y avait l'inconvénient thunes et en conséquence directe, la misère côté shopping... Et dans la réalité, l'emploi du temps c'était plus la 20e rediff de la Petite Maison dans La Prairie, suivie de la version allemande de Ugly Betty pour échapper à Derrick que l'expression d'une créativité débridée. Mais bon, l'un dans l'autre, ca me faisait rêver.

Et voila, ca y est, nous y voici !!! J'ai réussi à combiner les deux en même temps, mon Capitaine !

Une vraie célibataire, ni mari, ni jules - et je suis même en train de réfléchir très sérieusement à adopter un chat, alors c'est dire à quel point je ne fais pas semblant.

Et pas de boulot depuis bientôt 2 mois. Une pro des démissions je suis devenue... Deux en moins d'un an et demi, yeahhhhhhhh qui dit mieux ??

No comments:

Post a Comment